Tuesday, April 13, 2010

You Can Go Home Again...

...but it doesn't mean you can stay there forever. I took a trip back east last week. I spent two days in New York City with someone who means far too much to me and then flew to Syracuse where I had close to three days to catch up with as many people as I could. All this was brought about by a birthday dinner that I had always been a part of and which I wanted to still be a part of. I told myself that I had the time and the money and that may not be true again for awhile. I told myself I needed to do it. My hope was that the trip would turn things around for me and that I would come back feeling renewed and determined to move ahead, something I have not been doing.

So here I am, back in Seattle, and starting to move forward, even if the trip made me feel that I really don't know anymore where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment