Saturday, October 3, 2009

Maybe this is the right time to start posting to this blog. Major changes to my life - and isn't that what has been happening for the last two years? - with a move across the country to the Pacific Northwest - the city of Seattle - to start a whole new life. Exciting and frightening, all at the same time. So much to do to get there. It all makes me dizzy!

Since losing Martin, and then my mother, and finally my job - a job I truly loved, working with people that I love - has been the straw that broke the camel's back. I have reached my breaking point and I want and need to be near my son now. He is so excited and happy that I have made this decision - a decision I could not have made a year ago when Martin passed away. Then was not the right time but I believe in my heart that the right time has arrived at last. I will be travelling an unknown path, embarking on my great adventure, starting my new life at the age of 56.

"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself any direction you choose
You're on your own and you know what you know
And you are the one who'll decide where to go."
~Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment